Mar 26, 2007

Monday


Look at this young man! His name is Oreo and isn't he a beauty?! He's at a shelter in Casper, Wyoming, right now. What a face he has! I think those might be shar-pei ears, but the more I look at him, the more they seem to fit on his labrador face. He's so lively and bright! They say he's young, so that would put him in the 1 - 2 year old category. What a great pet he would make for someone! Contact the Casper Humane Society by e-mail at: mailto:shelly.casperhumane@gmail.com?subject=Petfinder.com

This was the first morning that Celeste did not wake me up by screaming. At 6:30 am, I awoke with the thought that she might not be breathing...do puppies succumb to SIDS? I got up and headed for the laundry room, on check on her. She was sitting quietly on the floor, doing her own thing. When I let her out, she bounced out to play while I made my breaskfast. We do not eat together, so when my food was ready, she went back to her room to eat her own breakfast and I had mine. She's becoming accustomed to the routine, I guess. Yeay! I'm glad she's adjusting.

I have a few things to get done this morning. Money, I need to get some money to pay a bill that came over the weekend, and I have some other debts to pay. Then off to the Institute for another of those training classes. They run through tomorrow. I wonder if we get paid for coming to those. I wonder if I get paid. I wonder how things work there at the Institute. I see that they are trying to teach us how they want things done, but they aren't very clear about how they do things that we want done - like pay. And documentation. As the month has progressed, I've picked up things from the other instructors about how to document grades and whatnot, but there has been no formal training on that, and I think that might be the most important part, both for instructors and students. I'm always hearing how if you don't do this right, if you do that wrong, "they" will fire you. But there is no clear-cut "this is what we expect" about very much.

I wonder if I will get another class or two next month. It's kind of exciting to think about the classes. I'm glad they only run a month long. It's a little difficult to present all the material and add some of what I think is helpful in such a short period of time, but it's do-able. Those who want to learn will, and those who want me, or their classmates, to do it for them will not be able to learn all the material in a month-long cycle.

I finished the right front side of the tan sweater last evening, and started the left side. I hope that by tomorrow, I'll be ready to start on the sleeves. I was worried about having enough yarn to finish a complete sweater, and thought about going for just a vest, but it looks like I'll have enough for the whole sweater.

No comments: