May 16, 2007

SuperCeleste to the rescue!

First off, I need to thank you, my friends, here on the blog for your supportive comments and your general moral support. Sometimes I feel very alone here, although I know I'm not. Some days I think I'm just down. Your comments mean a lot to me, although I couldn't respond to them yesterday. Yesterday was a day...

To continue, check out our updated page at Odyssey Rock Ranch! It's now updated! We have new alpacas listed, new photos, and the rose gray sweater is listed there, too! Odyssey Rock Ranch is the name of our farm in Colorado. Suzzanne owns the animals, my dad owns the farm, I knit knit knit for the business, and contribute in any way that I can. Hopefully, in June, the alpacas will begin to have new babies there will be more baby pictures to post!

This morning, I went with Celeste out to trot around on the bike path. It's gray and damp out there, as it is every day now (yup, Lisa, the gray days are beginning to get to me), and Celeste just HAD to run! So in spite of feeling down and teary, I ran with her and got my blood flowing, warmed up my feet, and began to BREATHE again. I'm better now than I was earlier, MUCH better than I was yesterday, and yesterday, Celeste did her best to entertain me. I am positive that THIS is why Celeste came to us.

Yesterday, I was sitting at the computer, minding my own business, when Celeste launched herself like a rocket the other end of the apartment. I didn't hear her as she flew towards me, faster than a speeding bullet. She leaped higher than the tallest building in a single bound, planning to land in my lap and help with the computer work...Yes! You know it! Say it! Say it! It was SuperCeleste! ...but she miscalculated and hit the side of the desk instead. She bounced off the desk, bounced of my shoulder (yes, she jumped THAT HIGH), and hit the floor. Not to be discouraged, she tried one more time, this time leaping even higher, completely missing my lap altogether and landed in the bookcase on the other side of me. SuperCeleste gathered the tattered remains of her pride and found a comfy spot on the doormat in the living room. This morning, as I'm here typing, she comes over periodically to see what I'm doing, but no more leaping onto my lap. Phooey...we didn't even get to the "more powerful than a locomotive" part...

2 comments:

Wondering Through Life said...

*singing* "That's what friends are for..."

Rani said...

A bit of homesickness . . . If it's worth anything to you, I love to check up on your blog. Day to day in Minnesota is nice, but your blog takes me away to someone living quite the adventure. (more pics, please!)

And being a dog person, the stories of SuperCeleste just make me smile!