May 8, 2007
Okay, here's a picture of the chullo that I did in Maggie's wool. It's the first of a series of hats...I know it needs some other color added in to create more interest, but this was the first I'd made in this pattern. It's not bad, but I know I can do better. I have already started the second one, with white alpaca yarn for creating an intarsia pattern. I've got one ear flap done and it already looks better than the first one.
And while I'm at it, here's a shot of what I have done on my Half-ripe Tomato Red Capelet. The bottom half is done in a basket weave of stockinette and reverse stockinette stitches. The top will simply be done in stockinette stitch, with a basket weave pattern on the collar. Dark red buttons for closure, 6 of 'em.
And finally, here's my co-pilot, busy working away at the computer.