Jul 7, 2007

a glass of wine, a bag of chips...

(this is our apartment building)


Well, the crate has been tested. We had some people over last evening, and unfortunately, Celeste went over the top in her behavior and had to go to bed at her regular bedtime and not stay up to harass the guests. She did have a temper tantrum, but decided not to take that opportunity to have a poop tantrum. I think she does understand that it's good not to do something nasty in her own nest. Aside from a bit of noise, she did very well, and went to sleep without much ado.

Last night went very well, after we got over the Celeste tantrum. Two other couples came over and we listened to music and talked. Just something very simple and relaxed with friends. We shared a bottle of wine and a bag of chips among the 6 of us, and basically had a very pleasant evening. I like evenings like that. I have never really had people over to my house very often and am a little uncomfortable with the usual big dinner and tons of people in other people's homes. I don't think I will ever want to put on a fancy dinner for a crowd, and luckily, our apartment is too small to accommodate such a thing. I haven't had the experience of having people over for a meal or an elaborate get-together since I was a kid in my parents' house, when the neighbors would drop in for dinner and stay to talk over coffee. Needless to say, I'm not the greatest hostess.

Urgh, the shrug has to be ripped out again. The back and one front side were knitted all in one day, and apparently, knitted much tighter than the second front. The second front is coming along well, and is in accordance with the swatch that I knitted, so I'm continuing with that, but everything I previously knitted has to come out and be re-done. Still, I think it will be worth the effort. It's beautiful yarn and the pattern is one that I like very much, so I'll just keep working with it till I get it right.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I always think an intimate get-together is much more fun than a huge, stressful dinner party - and the wine goes further. Sounds like you had a great time. Love the picture of your apartment building.