Mar 28, 2008

What I did last night...


As promised, my late-night handspinning from last night.


This is wool from Maggie's Farm. I'm in love with the colors and spinning it is so much fun!


Yes, I know...redundant, but I love looking at my own handy work. And the colors. And the spindle, not falling on the floor, not rolling under the couch, not losing the last 3 feet of work.



Ahhh...what a lovely pair - spindle and wool. Made to go together! Do you like the look of this wool? Guess what! You can find it here! Did you know that you can share in the benefits of raising sheep and lambs, even if you live in a tiny flat in a high rise building like I do? Maggie has this year's lambs to sponsor. You can take part in the life of a lamb by sponsoring it with $99 a year. That's just a drop in the bucket compared to what it takes to raise a lamb to maturity and keep it healthy. Not only do you contribute to the upkeep of the lamb with your sponsorship fee, but you are also entitled to a yearly fleece, photos of your lamb, monthly updates, and naming priveledges! Go see about it!

4 comments:

Wooly Works said...

I really like this color, too. The spinning looks finer and more even as well. What WILL you make out of it?

Kathleen said...

I'm hoping to make sock yarn of this. There's still an awful lot of it, and I plan to ply it with a second strand of the same. I have to say that this yarn really is coming out much finer and firmer than the green wool. If I can keep the strands consistent, it could be sock yarn, or maybe just a bit heavier than lace weight yarn.

I really like the tweedy look of this as it spins up. I wonder if plying it with another strand of the same would mess it up. What do you think?

Maggie's Farm said...

Yumpin'Yimminy! You make my fiber look sooooo nice! I opened your blog and thought ooohh, I have something that looks kinda like this! And then I read what you wrote. You sure make my fiber look good! Thanks so much! You da girl!

Wooly Works said...

If you're making socks, I think it would be best to ply it with itself rather than something else. I tried to ply some wool yarn with nylon one time, thinking that it would be an automatic reinforcement, and the nylon actually cut through the wool when the sock was worn.