Dec 13, 2009

Merry Christmas to me!

In anticipation of the coming hot, snowless, and mostly un-celebrated Christmas holiday, I treated myself to a couple of drug-and-alcohol free indulgences for the holidays with this:


and this:


The Gypsy batts are still kicking my behind, too. This is almost 500 yards of fingering weight Gypsy, with about 2 more ounces to go...




I think I'll have to find a nice project to make with it, but CRAP! I think I must be the slowest spindler in the world. Maybe I'll be done with Gyspy by the New Year...

8 comments:

Margaret Cloud said...

These colors sure are pretty, I like the colors orange and purple, good luck on spinning. Merry Christmas and have a Happy New Year. Thank you for coming by. Give that pretty dog of yours a scratch from me.

Anonymous said...

Oh, gypsy yarn is soooooo pretty! And the batts you bought--also pretty! Yay.

You're making me want to learn to spin. I don't have TIME for spinning!

Michelle said...

Everything pictured is SO, so pretty!

Pondside said...

I'd like to dive into a pile of that wonderful purple!
Merry Christmas!

JC said...

Hello Kathleen, O and Celeste; I have stopped by several times to see how you all are, but hadnt had time to say hello. I rarely have time for my own blog anymore, but I guess thats Ok?!?!? we are all healthy and happy today, avery turned 3 on friday (the day we gave him for a b-day) can you imagine it being so long? Nixie is 6 and Traz 9, time is a going much to fast. I so enjoy your blog, thanks for being here and for stopped at mine. Happy Holidays and best wishes. Jill & Lance & Traz&Nixie and Avery

Iron Needles said...

I can't imagine spinning all that by spindle. I am impressed. Really lovely batts, and good for you for treating yourself!

wildtomato said...

Lovely, sparkly batts! I so need to get my spinning mojo back, but I'm resigned to the fact that it is going to remain MIA until after the holidays. :/

knittingdragonflies said...

Yes Merry chirstmas! How lovely!!
Take care
Vicki