Mar 9, 2009

Back from the dead...

Whew! Today's the first day that I've felt anything like myself since before I had surgery. I'm still not 100%, and have some issues, but am MUCH better (aside from having to sit on absorbent padding :o( instead of directly on the chair seat.) While I was out of sorts, I crocheted and slept, so I don't have much news, other than I'm about 10 pounds lighter from a loss of both water weight and body weight. Now that I'm back on my feet, I have a lot of work ahead of me.

As you may know, neither dogs nor men are particularly good at housework. Celeste did her best to keep me safe and under observation. When I cried, she cried. When I slept, she slept - or at least she was on the bed with me. When I thought about eating but didn't (being in abject fear of the pain experienced in the bathroom), she dutifully abandoned her own dogfood to help me dispose of unwanted bread and pasta. Now my bed smells strongly of dog butt and dog feet, but I know for sure that Celeste is a trustworthy and dear family member...no spoiled princess act aside from being reluctant to give up her spot on the bed. She does not, however, sweep the floor or do laundry.

O is the most devoted husbands and caring man that I could ever hope for. I left a long and abusive marriage several years ago, determined to never be treated like dirt under any man's shoe again. Life with O can be frustrating...he is a man who does most things in his own time...however, he has waited on me hand and foot and never made me feel badly about it. I hope I can be the same for O when he needs me as badly as I needed him these past two weeks. However...he cannot be depended upon to do laundry, wash dishes, or clean up after himself in any way. So, I have a dirty apartment to muck out and a kitchen to clean up. I've been chipping away at the pile of laundry everyday, so that is almost caught up, except for some ironing and folding to do.

And, maybe if I do a good job of cleaning, I'll find that damned elusive USB cable for the camera...

11 comments:

Rani said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better. That Celeste . . . what a loyal friend.

Glad you're feeling better! Good luck on the housework...

Michelle said...

So glad you're back in the land of the living! Sounds like you were well looked after. To expect any cleaning or laundry done on top of that is probably more than any wife should wish for. :-)

Tina - omme i London said...

Glad to hear you are back in the land of the living again. Big hug to (((((((you))))))) and WELL DONE for getting out of an abusive relationship.

wildtomato said...

I'm so glad that you are feeling closer to your old self, minus the 10 pounds.

It sounds like both O and Celeste are keepers. But, you knew this already.

Pondside said...

I'm so glad to read that you are up and about again. Double treats/biscuits to Celeste for being such a fine nurse-dog! I hope that your recovery doesn't take too, too long and that you are still able to stay off your feet and continue to recuperate.
xo

Harpa Jónsdóttir said...

I'm glad you are feeling better. things will only get better from there.

Karen said...

Sounds like you've been througn quite alot. Sorry to hear you've been under the weather, hope you continue to feel better. Keep us posted!

Margaret Cloud said...

I know the procedure you had done both my husband and son had done. I am glad you are feeling better, Celeste told us how she took care of you, what a faithful friend, I know what you are talking about, men don't like house work. You take it one day at a time and it will get done, thanks for stopping by, take care friend.

Iron Needles said...

Woowee! 10 lbs! But what a way to do it. Glad you are among the living again.

toady said...

Sorry you've been poorly and that I haven't visited lately. That dog deserves a nursing badge.

Toady
XX

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

Ouch. I'm so sorry! Do feel better soon.

And tell Celeste that Edward is currently modeling one of my very first knitting projects over at our place! Soon....socks!