Jan 15, 2009

updates

We're having a heat wave....a tropical heat wave....

Before the heat descended upon us, I got about 90% of the sambuca jacket done. Then all my crochet mojo left me and I put it aside. Today I pulled it out of it's bag and took a couple of photos, still unfinished, but should be finished shortly.




I also did a little spinning, taking a break from teal laceweight. This is "Berry Harvest". It's merino with a little sparkle in it. There was only 4 ounces of it and I got about 380 yards of sock yarn out of it. Not too bad, and I can supplement it with some brown if I need to.


4 comments:

Iron Needles said...

So funny to read how it's so warm where you are. We are barely above freezing, yet not so bad as some parts of the country.

The jacket is gorgeous! How can you not finish when so close?

Kathleen said...

I just really couldn't stand to have it across my lap as I worked on it. It was a very breathless 90 deg F and I got where I couldn't even think. Luckily, the heat wave has passed and we're good for another little while. Celeste is kind of miserable during the day, but comes back to life in the evenings.

Pondside said...

The colours are beautiful.
Sorry to hear about the heat - blowing you cool Pacific winds from up here!

Maggie's Farm said...

This jacket is stunning!!! You are a magician with a crochet hook! Please send some of that heat this way...it's Saturday morning and I can hardly stand to leave the wood stove to go out into the barn and do chores.