Whoa! The Sambuca Jacket is moving along MUCH faster than I imagined it would! The prototype looks...well, eh...I knew that making a jacket with worsted weight yarn instead of the DK yarn that was called for would result in a bigger size, but I didn't allow THAT little detail to deter me for a second. I'm finished with the body of the sweater and am moving right along on the first sleeve. Even though the sweater will turn out to be bigger, it'll still be a wearable piece for me. I have planned to make "the good sweater" of some very nice alpaca yarn that my sister sent with me last year.
Of course, I have made a couple of little changes to the basic pattern...couldn't resist...I made it longer than the original is (mine is hip-length), and I left the lower edge wavy rather than straighten it out. And I have added a buttonhole rather than send away for a sweater clasp.
Gosh, I just had no idea this project would move as it has been going! Yeay for crochet! This afternoon I'll edit this to add pictures (after I get camera batteries.)